Nearby In This Series
The Living Dead
1. Why the Jews would have felt safe before God.
They felt safe because of their special name. John 8:31
They felt safe because of their possession of the law Romans 3:1-2 and Ps. 147
They felt safe because of their respect for God.
They felt safe because of their special knowledge.
They felt safe because of their keen discernment.
They felt safe because of their biblical education.
They felt safe because of their spiritual superiority.
They felt safe because of their superior wisdom.
2. Why the Jews should have felt condemned before God.
They had not practiced what they preached.
They had not developed lives of integrity.
They had not lived lives of moral purity.
They had not kept free from materialism.
They had not honored God in life.
My personal application for today:
1. How would you answer the five parts of section 2?
2. Does the life you lead help or hinder the gospel? Are you a victim of ritual without reality?
3. Are you truly saved? Test yourself.
All Sermons in Romans
- The Greatest Christian Romans 1:1-4
- A Vibrant Faith Romans 1:5-10
- A Church With a Great Commission Romans 1:11-16
- Are the Untold Billions Really Lost? Romans 1:17-22
- Anatomy of a Sinner Romans 1:23-32
- The Deadliest Sin in the World Romans 2:1-3
- The Judgment of the Respectable Sinner (part 1) Romans 2:4-10
- The Judgment of the Respectable Sinner (part 2) Romans 2:11-16
- The Living Dead Romans 2:17-24
- Religion That Will Take You to Hell Romans 2:25-29
- The Depravity of Man Romans 3:1-18
- The Righteousness of God Romans 3:19-21
- Man’s Biggest Problem Romans 3:22-23
- God's Way of Salvation Romans 3:24-24
- The Power of the Cross Romans 3:24-26
- A Theological Collision Romans 3:27-31
- The Salvation of Father Abraham Romans 4:1-5
- The Salvation of King David Romans 4:6-8
- Religion That God Hates Romans 4:9-17
- The Faith of Father Abraham Romans 4:17-25
- Rejoicing in God Romans 5:1-2
- Maturity Through Tribulation Romans 5:3-5
- Secure in the Love of God Romans 5:6-11
- God's Death Sentence Romans 5:12-13
- For Whom Did Jesus Die? Romans 5:15-17
- Super Abounding Grace Romans 5:18-21
- Freedom to Sin? Romans 6:1-2
- How To Really Change Romans 6:3-11
- How To Really Change pt. 2 Romans 6:12-14
- Whose Slave Are You? Romans 6:15-23
- Released From The Law Romans 7:1-6
- License to Sin? Romans 7:7-13
- The Battle Within Romans 7:14-25
- The Blessing of Freedom (Birthmarks of the Believer - Pt. 1) Romans 8:1-4
- The Blessing of the Spirit Romans 8:5-13
- The Blessing of Adoption Romans 8:14-17
- Suffering As A Christian Romans 8:17-25
- The Providence of God Romans 8:26-29
- God's Foreknowledge Romans 8:29-29
- God's Chain of Salvation Romans 8:29-30
- More Than Conquerors pt. 1 Romans 8:31-33
- More Than Conquerors pt. 2 Romans 8:32-34
- A Passion For The Lost Romans 9:1-3
- Israel's Privileges Romans 9:4-5
- Predestined to Hell? Romans 9
- Chosen From The Womb Romans 9:10-13
- The Mercy and Judgment of God Romans 9:14-18
- God's Sovereign Choice Romans 9:19-24
- Stumbling Over Truth Romans 9:25-34
- Zealous But Rebellious Romans 10:1-4
- Close But Not Close Enough Romans 10:5-11
- Rescue The Perishing Romans 10:12-15
- Hearing Is Not Believing Romans 10:5-21
- Has God Abandoned Israel? Romans 11:1-10
- God's Olive Tree Romans 11:11-22
- The Beginning of the End Romans 11:23-36
- Finding The Will of God Romans 12:1-2
- Unwrapping Your Spiritual Gift Romans 12:3-5
- Finding Your Place Romans 12:6-8
- The Pursuit of Godly Love Romans 12:9-21
- The Christian and Retaliation Romans 12:14-21
- Christian Citizenship Romans 13:1-5
- The Christian's Debt Romans 13:5-12
- God's Clock Romans 13:11-14
- Gray Areas Romans 14:1-6
- Guarding Our Behavior Romans 14:7-12
- The Brotherhood of Believers Romans 14:13-21
- A Unified Church Romans 15:1-6
- Receiving Sinners Romans 15:7-13
- A Life and Ministry God Can Use Romans 15:14-29
- Effective Corporate Prayer Romans 15:30-33
- Snapshot of God's Church Romans 16:1-16
- Breaking News Romans 16:17-18
- Losing Your Edge For God Romans 16:19-27