- May 9 The Bible Line - May 9, 2017
- May 2 The Bible Line - May 2, 2017
- Apr 11 The Bible Line - April 11, 2017
- Apr 4 The Bible Line - April 4, 2017
- Mar 28 The Bible Line - March 28, 2017
- Mar 21 The Bible Line - March 21, 2017
- Mar 14 The Bible Line - March 14, 2017
- Mar 7 The Bible Line - March 7, 2017
- Feb 21 The Bible Line - February 21, 2017
- Jan 24 The Bible Line - January 24, 2017
The Bible Line - May 9, 2017
Brandon, FT Sam Houston, TX - I'm prayerfully wrestling over the qualification of a pastor/shepherd. Currently, I serve on active duty for the U.S. Navy. I desire to go into full-time ministry however I'm hesitant with entertaining the idea based off of being previously divorced. I was unsaved when I married my first wife. We were married 5 years. I divorced as an unsaved man. My current wife and I are both committed Christians. Christ is the center of our family, Praise God. As I prayerfully seek a vision and mission for our family ministry, I can't move beyond the various leadership qualifications listed 1 Timothy. My pastor informs me that I indeed qualify to go into full-time chaplaincy. However, I don't have peace in my spirit about it. Am I disqualified from chaplaincy? What other roles may I aspired to given my previous marriage?
A caller would like to know when Genesis recounts that God confounded the language of the people at the Tower of Babel, does that mean He actually gave different people different languages? If so, how do those who don't believe Genesis is an actual, factual account of what happened, explain the change of language for different people and nations?
Want to submit a question for a future Bible Line? Ask Dr. Broggi a Question